Friday, June 7, 2013

Excessive

Sorry, it's been so long since we've blogged. It's been a busy week with it being the last week of school.  This blog post by Jen Hatmaker sums it up nicely.

http://jenhatmaker.com/blog/2013/05/30/worst-end-of-school-year-mom-ever

A King's Life (great blog post)

ok now back on topic...
Wealth is relative.  It can mean different things to different people.  You may consider yourself wealthy if you don't have bills to pay but you live modestly.  Or you have alot of bills to pay and you live beyond your means.  Excess is also subjective and can be defined differently.  One person may consider having a collection not excessive but it may be to someone else.  It's truly about balance, self awareness, and not comparing yourself to anyone else.

There are a few books on my summer reading list that deal with the topic of excess.


7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess,   
  • Jen Hatmaker


  • Even though I love design and a well styled home, it doesn't mean it has to cost a fortune nor have an abundance of stuff.  I believe an experiment or study of where I am being wasteful or excessive will be a good way to keep myself in check.  I am a big believer in getting rid of stuff and using my best stuff so I enjoy it.  I don't like having my expensive china or crystal locked away, never to be used.  I like watching "Hoarding" shows because I am completely perplexed at how someone could live that way.  It makes me go throw something away too!  My wealthiest clients, in terms of their bank account, are the ones that live in smaller more modest home, nice and quality but not a mcmansion.  

    I would challenge you to do some reading too and see if you are living excessively.  Also, here are some previous blog posts that might help! ~Brandy



    2 comments:

    1. I need to work on this! I always buy for later use, and I think I need to buy for today's use instead.

      ReplyDelete
    2. It’s time to go beyond conventional home decoration techniques and try a few visually interesting ideas to revamp your home.
      jute rugs Ornate or simple patterns, bright or neutral colors, rectangle or oval; consider
      all design elements to make your chosen sisal rugs sisal rug simply perfect for your living area.

      ReplyDelete